Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gaming Night

So Monday's around here is our club gaming night. Last night a friend and I decided to break out the cards and throw down a game a Malifaux. It was his first game, and he was playing with Pandora. A tricky master I hear for the new player, but this friend of mine, has a knack for tricky strategies. Then I got some new Malifaux stuff in the mail today so I broke open one of my new boxes, Seamus.

I was excited, I've read a lot of stuff about Seamus and his Belles. Read about him different options, and their durability. Eight wounds with Hard to Wound 1, not to shabby. Little did I know that Pandora bypasses like EVERYTHING! My friend was doing eight wounds to my Belles in a round. It was ugly. She (being Pandora) packed way more of a punch than I thought she could. I ended up squeaking a win out, but it was pretty ugly, Belle's were getting slaughtered.

Pandora is definitely going to be a master I am going to have to spend some time playing to really figure out the best way to beat her. Right now I'm thinking the best option is to kill her. A decent Wp model that can hit hard, charge in (or shoot) and just take her off the board. Anyway I'll try that in my next game and let you know how it works out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment