Monday, April 4, 2011

Colette vs. Lady Justice 25ss

This is my first attempt at a battle report, and a narrative one at that. They will get better in time, I have no doubt. I am doing this one just from memory so my facts and sequencing might be a little out of order, but this is the basic idea of how the game went.

The strategies were:
Colette: Claim Jump
Scheme: Power Ritual
Scheme: Breakthrough
Lady Justice: Destroy the Evidence.
Scheme: Breakthrough
Scheme: Can't remember the name but he needed to kill Colette

This was pretty much a battle against boxes

Colette
Cassandra
Performer
Performer
Mannequin
Mannequin

Lady Justice
The Judge
Death Marshal
Death Marshal
Death Marshal

As I walked through the abandoned industrial plant I thought to myself, "curious the places we do business. During the night I live a life glamor performing in the Star, the amazing Colette DuBois, and during the day I play in rotten industrial wastelands." It was suppose to be simply errand; take a few of the girls and head to the industrial park and inspect the area for recent Guild activity. The idea was to establish another safe spot for future transactions, and it is a good thing we were checking it out. Not moments after we arrived Lady Justice and her crew of Death Marshal's decided to pay us a visit. Whether they were there waiting for the us, or just stumbled across us by happen-chance it may never be known. But really, it doesn't matter it is safe to say this is not the place.


When the we first arrived at the park I sent Cassandra to my left and a performer of mine and her mannequin to the right, while myself and another performer and her animated prop were going to scout the middle. I wanted to do this job quick, so we were splitting up. We didn't make it halfway through the ruins before guild officers made their presence known. Lady Justice and a marshal began making their move towards Cassandra, who being the speedy worker that she is had already made it through most of the park. The performer that was with me noticed movement ahead and out of concern for her stage sister made a move to warn her. I kept my distance to evaluate the situation, and in the meantime produced a couple of additional soulstones, and pull a little trick out of my hat.


Cassandra, noticed some movement in the distance, and quickly moved to gain some cover from some ruins close by, while Lady Justice and the marshal made their slow, calculated approach to her location. Things weren't looking too good for poor Cassandra. As for my other performers they had made their randevu.


Mannequins doing what they could to help prepare the showgirls, they braced themselves for the coming assault of the Judge and a marshal. The Judge lead the way taking aim, and nearly killing one of the performers. The other marshal moved into position.


Cassandra, my poor, stupid Cassandra; that girls bravado will get the best of her one of these days. She did some fancy sword work and charged Lady Justice. She was far outmatched in sword play, and barely managed to scratch Justice. The marshal that was moving with Lady Justice rushed to Justice's aid. Poor Cassandra was now not only outclassed, but out numbered. To my pleasant surprise, by some miracle she managed to survive. The loyal mannequin did its duty and mended the performers wounds, making her appear as good as new. Using her powers of persuasion the performer convinced the Judge to come a little bit closer, in doing so he became mesmerized by her beauty, unable to move. While he was distracted the other performer moved in, poisoning the good judge. I could not wait any longer, I did my little disappearing act to switch places with the mannequin. Pulling yet another trick from my hat I summoned another dove next to the marshal, and had a little magician's duel. He was resilient however avoiding my magic. He was not so fortunate with the dove though, who managed to injure the good marshal. My second dove made its move on the marshal as well and was also successful in dishing out a little pain.


For the sake of poor Cassandra I called for a swift retreat. We managed to get away and back to the Star to lick our wounds. The good Judge was badly poisoned and still unable to move. I sure hope they were slow getting home.


We had to finish the game early, and it ended 1 VP to Lady Justice and 0 VP for Colette. We do have a rematch tonight at the club, hopefully we can finish. I will try and make notes on the turns so I can make another report and have my facts straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment